This week’s recipe is great for the adventurous eater who tries to avoid red meat and poultry. It’ might not be the best choice for cat ladies, because I know my cat went crazy over these fish cakes while I was trying to eat them! Try out the recipe below and let me know what you think 🙂 It can be adapted to be vegan, but it may not hold together as well.
- 2 packages of chunk light tuna inwater, about 2.6 ounces (I used Starkist’s brand)
- 1 package of skinless and boneless pink salmon, about 2.5 ounces (I used Chicken of the Sea brand)
- 1 egg
- Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped, or as many as you’d prefer
- Italian seasoning
- Soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- Adobo seasoning salt
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- Combine tuna, salmon, spicy mustard, and Greek yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Add green olives. You can also add onions, tomatoes or any small diced vegetables if you’d like!
- Add soy sauce and other seasonings to taste. I only used a splash of soy sauce because the seasoning salt adds a lot of sodium.
- Mix in the egg.
- Prepare a pan with butter spray or olive oil spray and turn the heat to low. Let the pan heat up for a moment before frying the fish cakes.
- Shape batter into small to medium sized balls and fry them in the pan. You should be able to make around 10 or 11 medium sized fish cakes with thisbatter. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs on each cake, then flip after two minutes or when the bottom edges start to brown.
- Wait another two minutes, then move the cakes from the pan to a plate. Enjoy!
Post a picture of your healthy dishes on Instagram and tag @wildflower_rising to show off your cooking skills! <3
Thank you for checking out my blog! Visit my Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/shop/wildflowerrising. Enjoy free domestic shipping through Christmas, and 10% off all purchases through New Year’s! 🎄